Will check the rotation idea, although I think I already checked while
looking for the soluton in distress.
The temporary solution was to use PLND Deform By Strands with a grid, but
it's slow and I have many many strands in the scene, hopefully not all of
them have bugs (or noticeable bug).
And I'm usin Redshift, but tested with MR, and I have the same bug.
Probably one of these twisting rotation problem when going above 720°... I
tried some Upvector tweaking too, but it was a shot in the dark.

Too bad, it's getting a bit fucked-up at render stage, the scene is really
nice and shows some ice magic (you know, the one you're happy with)

Anyway, if someone has an idea don't hesitate to post ;)