I see, I don't know any setting to change this behaviour or solution other
than use drag select instead of click select when you are using move or
rotation tools for selection, or use the selection tool.

I find this annoying when using tweaking for components, if I lack
precision I end up moving the object. In this case I usually lock
translation attributes but in your case I don't think this would be a good
solution.

Martin