From: adrian.w...@fluid-pictures.com
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Goodbyes (was this is the end...)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:27:17 +0000

still using soft, still lurking (and
posting occasionally!!)

our problem is a double edged one;

more people moving to other software, and
no new blood, means less available freelancers (yes i got your mails, will be
in touch when stuff shows up!)

but more importantly, having spoken to a
few seasoned maya vets, we simply CANNOT do the kind of low end TV 3D graphics
we currently can with maya

we often only have a day or two to do a
shot for a tv doc, think about that for a minute, that's often modelling,
light, rig, render and a couple of hours for comp

budgets are only getting smaller, so the
time allowed for a sequence goes down, but no app (other than soft) that i am
aware of enables this kind of fast turn around

and before anyone points out that low end
tv work is a niche circumstance, this will spread, i know commercials budgets
aren't what they were either....

bottom line, as an industry, up against
shrinking budgets/deadlines, we simply can't use an app that throws up road
blocks to your workflow every 3 clicks of the mouse

/end rant