I'm already lurking a bit at vex in houdini, it doesn't seem far from JS.
But anyway, I'm missing the basics whatever the langage, the switch to
Houdini is not soon, my heas is exploding atm...
But that's really pleasant nonetheless when it works.

So far in xsi I have a complete set of two tools to put 1 texture per
polygon.
I have
1 python script (rray.de) to generate the uvs per poly (I also have an ice
tree that does the same job )
1 Jscript that automaticly build the shader and do the connections.

Not fully procedural, but not too bad :)))