Yes I've done it for an internal tool. I can dig up a snippet in the next
few days. You're basically going to write to a Vec3 array attribute that
you'll have to pre-fill with place holder data then build up your data
array through your timeline pass and at the end set it all at once.

It's essentially emulating the shape plot feature where it baked the data
to a clip internally to the scene. So you don't have to manage this out of
the scene.