1. I do have inherit transform on. I actually forgot about this option ! I
wish it was decomposed so I can decide what I inherit (translate, rotate,
scale), I could do it with constrains, but I'm trying ot understand the
math properly first
2. I'm recreating a rig that I have in Softimage in Maya. I'm currently
rebuilding my ik system. I'm using scaling to stretch my arm but when I
rotate and stretch I obviously get some serious shearing. Which is not
always desired.
I haven't found a way to inverse the local scaling/shearing of an object in
Maya yet.
3. Not sure what you mean.

Thanks Grahame !

Found a backup btw !