Interesting. I have almost given up using the Material Manage on some projects
because it crashes XSI instantly - and I have shaderballs turned off. These are
usually what I consider dirty scenes with lots of data coming from Maya from a
non vfx pipeline, and I rarely have issues with stuff I create myself.
Bad headers is a thing to look for then, but given that I use Arnold texture
workflow it should not be an issue, unless there are leftovers somewhere in the
scene.

Morten