thanks everyone. The ramp parameter kind of works but as you say, is not
that user friendly and does not show the points below 0. (that's ok, but I
wonder if it is possible to write a custom widget in houdini)

anyway, the thing I could not get right just yet is that sort of "get
maximum in set" thing. Sorry for using ICE language, I'm trying to be open
minded here, so please tell me if that`s not the correct mindset.

so on this graph:

[image: Imagem inline 1]

...how could I get the maximum value of the output noise node and compare
to a single point output of the same node?

>From what I can tell, I'd have to:

1- create this pointvop node with a turbnoise, then store the output noise
into an attribute (via bindexport?)
2- up one level -> drop an attrib promote (detail), set to maximum
3- drop another pointvop node with another noise node inside (same
parameters) and compare the result noise to that found on the atrib promote
node??

I'm 99% sure this is totally wrong...how would you go about that single
task specifically?

and finally, thanks for the suggestions on houdini forums and discord. will
try both (although I pretty much like this list =) )