Thanks.
They seem a bit above my IQ grade, but will give them a go :)
On 2017/09/13 10:59 AM, ralph.schoeneb...@t-online.de wrote:
Hi
You could a use scenewide stylesheet for that, should be quite fast to setup
(hope the jpg comes through)
Ralph

------ Originalnachricht ------
Von: "Gerbrand Nel" <nagv...@gmail.com>
An: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Gesendet: 13.09.2017 10:16:16
Betreff: softimage pass trick in houdini

Hey guys and girls.

Back when life was simple and softimage was still a thing in my life,
There was this thing called passes.

I know houdini has takes, and they are awesome, but There was this nifty
trick in soft where a new empty pass automatically had everything in
your scene grouped under a "background partition". This gave you the
ability to assign one material to everything in your scene. You could
then remove certain elements from that partition to isolate them for
render passes.

Can this be done in houdini without having to manually select everything
you want to overwrite?

My client has asked me to render out a matt of a single object in my
scene. I would like to make everything black, and this one thing white
without spending half a day

Thanks

---
http://www.avg.com