well once they take your money and lock you up in subscription and push you
to buy software that they think you need, then sure support is there to
help you.
but just you try resisting.. ;)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk>
wrote:

> I have absolutely!! no love for AD but I will chime in on this. We had
> stupid issues with getting our new Maya licenses working after upgrading
> FlexLM (the pile of crap) which was required for running newer Maya
> versions.
>
> I reported the issue and the next day a AD license support person actually
> called me on the phone and resolved the issue via remote support.
>
> The solution was horribly stupid and involved fixing windows files(!) but
> eventually it worked. A negative sideeffect was that now Softimage takes
> ages to start up (probably because it takes a long time to get licens
> granted) Grrrr
>
> I was surprised and pleased about the call, and it goes to show that not
> everything is bad at AD. It doesn't change my dislike of their corporate
> policies and software offerings though. Maya is still crap.
>
> Morten
>

> > Den 12. marts 2018 klokken 20:02 skrev Sven Constable <
> sixsi_l...@imagefront.de>:
> >

> > just contacted ADSK support about the issue, that an old network license
> > (softimage 2011)  was not listed in my account. It was not listed for
> > several years btw and I didn't care but since I plan to move even the old
> > licenses to a new server, I contacted them via the online chat.
> >
> > Problem solved in minutes. I wouldn't have expect this, really.
> >

> > Sven
> >

> > ------
> > Softimage Mailing List.
> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.

Mirko Jankovic
*https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cgfolio.com_mirko-2Djankovic&d=DwIBaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=SkKvWjyFLGa9a_UIEbCIUIKb0fFlOfZnEitCOxr-fNo&s=dDW9vVK5mvSmiXtZUmiIbmAbfQJJg1wIKxdlXB1ZMCk&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cgfolio.com_mirko-2Djankovic&d=DwIBaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=SkKvWjyFLGa9a_UIEbCIUIKb0fFlOfZnEitCOxr-fNo&s=dDW9vVK5mvSmiXtZUmiIbmAbfQJJg1wIKxdlXB1ZMCk&e=>*

Need to find freelancers fast?
www.cgfolio.com

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gpuoven.com_&d=DwIBaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=SkKvWjyFLGa9a_UIEbCIUIKb0fFlOfZnEitCOxr-fNo&s=W4ffBML-SdAYOAt78XzrotHYZNikG_d72qGOEM4CzUc&e=