I find it a humorous coincidence that people are coming to the conclusion that
Houdini is not Softimage or Maya, and you eventually have to come around to
thinking the Houdini way in order to unlock its full potential.

Didn’t we have the exact same issue with Maya people trying to use XSI with
Maya thinking? Setting up rigs and hierarchies in a Maya way, using a
Maya-linear-production workflow, all highly inefficient. And then they didn’t
like XSI because it wasn’t very good at being Maya. :-)

It’s a big reason I dreaded the idea of switching apps. I assumed Maya was
going to really bad at being XSI for me. Still wish I had time to pick up
Houdini at some point.

-B