Hi Jacni,

Le 3 nov. 2011 à 05:13, Jacni Qin a écrit :
>> Saying if you are not happy with port sharing, we give you a full address is
>> relatively straightforward and can be translated into marketing terms.
>> Anything in between is more questionable. This is a question that should be
>> taken back to the working group: how far do we want to go on that route.
> Indeed.

+1

> In addition,
> Although according to the current algorithm, both the "prefix" case and the
> "exclusive address" case can be inherently supported, I still think, at least
> to cover the prefix case is debatable, given the so called "residual
> deployment of IPv4", which is the context of the solution design.
>
> Furthermore, there is already an approach adopted by the WG for public IPv4
> address case,

> if the MAP just covers "shared address with one single sharing ratio for one
> domain",
> the design will be greatly simplified?

Requiring ISPs to maintain IPv4 routing in their networks, just to serve the
few users that need to keep IPv4 prefixes, seems to me a step backward.

Besides, I have serious doubts about "greatly simplified".
In my understanding, the recent unifying design of 4rd-U is, among
per-customer-stateless v4/v6 solutions, one that permits a UNIQUE AND SIMPLE
standard (possible direct CE-CE routes, transparency to v4 fragmentation,
compatibility with v6 O&M-tools).
All clarification questions are of course welcome.

Cheers,
RD