Le 3 nov. 2011 à 10:04, Ole Troan a écrit :
>> Requiring ISPs to maintain IPv4 routing in their networks, just to serve the
>> few users that need to keep IPv4 prefixes, seems to me a step backward.
>
> can you clarify why this? I don't understand why IPv4 routing has to be
> maintained just because there is a MAP domain with full IPv4 addresses (or a
> rule for full IPv4 addresses)?

I didn't say that.

IF the address mapping can't assign IPv4 prefixes to CEs, AND IF an ISP has to
support some users needing IPv4 prefixes, it needs a tool to do it.
I supposed that maintaining IPv4 routing was the easiest way to do it.
If you have a better alternative, what would it be?

As said to Med, if I misunderstood Jacni's idea, this debate can be closed.

Cheers,
RD