: If you are thinking within the next week or two, I vote we focus on
: consistent response format and better error handling.  I would suggest
: that rather then map /update to SolrUpdateServlet, it should use the
: new update handler framework - returning non 200 response for errors.

I'm certainly on board with adding a requestHandler mapping for "/update",
but i'm not sure how i feel about changing it under the covers ... that
could have unexpected effects on people who rely on the current behavior
-- i'd rather have a few releases under our belt with the option to use
the new framework there, and enabled in the example config, but by
default people with old style configs get the old style behavior (this
also gives options for people should bugs be encountered in either code
path)

: > So what features / issues do people think we need to resolve before we
: > make a 1.2 release?

in general, i haven't been following the patch queue closely enough to
have an opinions on anything that needs to be delt with before a release
can go out ... a quick skim of CHANGES.txt seems to indicate that we dont'
really need many more new features -- the real question is are there any
large concepts currently "in progress" that should be finished off?

And of course: are there any new "API" type things (config syntax, param
names, etc...) since the 1.1 release that we want to tweak?

-Hoss