On 4/28/07, Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If the configuration is in solrconfig.xml, we can set the example to use
the dispatcher but still leave the option of the 'old' style servlet if
that is desired.  The only real difference between them is how errors
are returned.  The dispatcher calls req.sendError( code, msg ) while the
servlet writes them out directly (causing them to be hidden by IE/FF)

I think only the body of the response changes since the HTTP error
codes were already being used for /select

Since the body of the response was never really specified, and it
wasn't in a parseable format, I think using sendError() could be
considered backward compatible.

-Yonik