On May 22, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
I agree. Lots of what Jason is doing looks good, but like I pointed the other day, needs a lot more explanation, at least for dense people like moi. My guess is, if we want to be aggressive with 1.3, that none of Jason's stuff will make it because the changes are too radical, unless somebody very comfortable with Solr guts sits down, reviews everything, and can commit with confidence.

I agree also -- the goals of ocean search look great, and I'm very happy there is an effort to integrate whatever is possible. But I don't have the time or energy to wade through this right now.

For the larger goal of integrating features like Realtime facets and tagging, it is probably best to get a solid 1.3 release out as soon as possible. Once the release is out, there is a little more wiggle room to to make some of these changes with the confidence there is time before the next release.

ryan