I don't know exactly what Hoss has in mind, but for one thing it would mean we would need to support this in the future.

In general, changes like this get discussed for a while -- flushing out any potential implications -- before they get added. The process can be a bit annoying (and slow) but overall helps make sure things stay solid.

As I said earlier, I think the best thing would be a quick release of 1.3 limited (mostly) to cleaning up loose ends -- then a broader game plan on how to integrate oceansearch in 1.4/2.0