If you store internal docids, then you need to add the specific reader
(or index version?) as part of the key since the ids are transient.

-Yonik

On 4/27/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm considering adding support for caching results in memcached.  Questions:

1. Has anyone already done this? (searched, didn't find anything)
2. Can anyone think of any reasons why this might not be a good idea? (I *just*
started considering this)
3. I read http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCaching , but I think the whole cache
discarding and warming wouldn't be needed if what I store in memcached is:
StringRepresentationOfQuery > DocSet or DocList .  Hm, I see QueryResultKey class
now.  Then maybe I'd store QueryResultKey -> DocSet or DocList in the memcached
cache.  Is this a correct?

Thanks,
Otis