Walter Underwood wrote:
This is for monitoring -- what happened in the last 30 seconds.
Log file analysis doesn't really do that.

I think the XML output in admin/stats.jsp may be enough for us.
That gives the cumulative requests on each handler. Those are
counted in StandardRequestHandler DisMaxRequestHandler and
are available through the MBean interface.

If you are running a solr build since yesterday, take a look at the PluginInfoHandler

 http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/plugins?stats=true

This gives you standard response format access to the same info.

I'll write up some docs for the wiki shortly

Perhaps it should be modified to let you specify a single handler.