Hi Doug,

I'm back to this topic.  Unfortunately, due to my DB structer, and business
need, I will not be able to search against a single field (i.e.: using
copyField).  Thus, I have to use list of fields via "qf".  Given this, I
see you said above to use "tie=1.0" will that, more or less, address this
scoring issue?  Should "tie=1.0" be set on the request handler like so:

  <requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <int name="rows">20</int>
       <str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="qf">F1 F2 F3 F4 ... ... ...</str>
       <float name="tie">1.0</float>
       <str name="fl">_UNIQUE_FIELD_,score</str>
       <str name="wt">xml</str>
       <str name="indent">true</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Or must "tie" be passed as part of the URL?

Thanks

Steve