Gotta agree with Jack here. This is an insane number of fields, query
performance on any significant corpus will be "fraught" etc. The very
first thing I'd look at is having that many fields. You have 3,500
different fields! Whatever the motivation for having that many fields
is the place I'd start.....

Best,
Erick