I'm getting all 200 return codes from Solr on all of my batches.

I skimmed the logs for errors, but I didn't try to grep for "Exception". I
will take your advice look there for some clues.

Incidentally I'm running solr 1.2 using Jetty. I'm not on 1.3 because I read
it wasn't released yet. Is there a (more stable than 1.2) branch of 1.3 I
should be using instead?

I know 1.2 is obviously dated, and came packaged with an old version of
Lucene. Should I update either or both?