I've been sending data in batches to Solr with no errors reported, yet after
a commit, over 50% of the records I added (before the commit) do not show
up- even after several subsequent commits down the road.

Is it possible that Solr/Lucene could be disregarding or dropping my add
queries if those queries were executed while a commit was running?

For example, if I add 300 records, and then do a commit- during the 10-20
seconds for the commit to execute (on an index over 1.2M records), if I add
100 more records during that 10-20 second time period, are those adds lost?
I'm assuming they are not and will be visible after the next commit, but I
want to be sure as it seems that some are being dropped. I just need to know
if this can happen during commits or if I should be looking elsewhere to
resolve my dropped record problem.

Thanks.