Add echoParams=all to see what are default and other parameters that
apply to your request
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreQueryParameters#echoParams .
Specifically, what the 'fl' setting is. Or try setting 'fl' explicitly
and see if the display changes.

copyField, The one that I would expect to see is the one with your
field as destination, not target.

At this point, baring any other ideas, I would put the blame on
Islandora. Or at least ask on their mailing list/forum.

Or, if you want to troubleshoot on a lower level and can resubmit the
documents to be reindexed via your pipeline, get your system
administrator to put a WireShark on the Solr side or on a network in a
sniffing mode. Or get him to modify Jetty that houses Solr to log
incoming requests. Both are a bit hard to explain in emails, so either
they know how to do it or not. But basically you are trying to catch
an indexing operation in mid-flight in-between Solr and Islandora and
see what kind of record is being sent to Solr. I expect it will have
that multiplication issue already present.

Regards,
    Alex.

----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/