Solr 3.6 is a VERY old release. You won’t see any fixes for that.

I would recommend starting with Solr 5.5 and keeping an eye on Solr 6.x, which
has just started releases.

Removing -ing endings is pretty aggressive. That changes “tracking meeting”
into “track meet”. Most of the time, you’ll be better off with an inflectional
stemmer that just converts plurals to singulars and other similar changes.

The Porter stemmer does not produce dictionary words. It produces “stems”.
Those are the same for the singular and plural forms of a word, but the stem
might not be a word.

1. Start using Solr 5.5. That automatically gets you four years of bug fixes
and performance improvements.
2. Look at the options for language analysis in the current release of Solr:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Language+Analysis
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Language+Analysis>
3. Learn the analysis tool in the Solr admin UI. That allows you to explore the
behavior.
4. If you really need a high grade morphological analyzer, consider purchasing
one from Basis Technology: http://www.rosette.com/solr/
<http://www.rosette.com/solr/>

wunder
Walter Underwood