Oh, interesting. I’ve certainty encountered issues with multi-word synonyms,
but I hadn’t come across this. If you end up using it with a recent solr
verison, I’d be glad to hear your experience.

I haven’t used it, but I am aware of one other project in this vein that you
might be interested in looking at:
https://github.com/LucidWorks/auto-phrase-tokenfilter