Hi, we are currently evaluating Solr and have been browsing the archives for
one particular issue but can¹t seem to find the answer, so please forgive me
if I¹m asking a repetitive question.  We like the idea of having multiple
slave servers serving up queries and a master performing updates.  However
the the issue for us there is no redundancy for the master.  So a couple of
questions:

1. Can there be multiple masters (or update servers) sharing the same index
files, performing updates at the same time (ie. Hosting the index on a SAN)?

2. Is there a recommended architecture utilizing a SAN.   (For example 2
slaves and 2 masters sharing a SAN).  We current don¹t have that many
records ­ prob about a million and growing.  We are mainly concerned about
redundancy, then performance.

Thanks
-Rakesh