Setting up SolrCloud on multiple hosts is exactly the same as a single
host. You just install Solr on all the hosts you care about and start
it up. As long as the hosts can talk to each other via HTTP, it's all
magic.

The "glue" is Zookeeper. All the Solrs are started up with the same ZK
ensemble string. So when you start Solr on host1 it registers itself
with ZK. When you start another Solr on host2 it does the same. But
then ZK sends a message to host1 informing it "there's another Solr
out there" and now the Solr on host1 knows the url of Solr on host2
(and vice versa).

For just getting started, you can just use a single Zookeeper but for
prod situations you'll want 3 or more.

Best,
Erick