From: John Bickerstaff [mailto:j...@johnbickerstaff.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:19 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SolrCloud setup

I found it to be way less than intuitive when I first started to get going.

I wished for an example or step by step (including zookeeper)

Pulling it all together from the docs wasn't straightforward although I guess
the info is still there.

I'll send you my rough notes in case they're helpful...

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Setting up SolrCloud on multiple hosts is exactly the same as a single
> host. You just install Solr on all the hosts you care about and start
> it up. As long as the hosts can talk to each other via HTTP, it's all
> magic.
>
> The "glue" is Zookeeper. All the Solrs are started up with the same ZK
> ensemble string. So when you start Solr on host1 it registers itself
> with ZK. When you start another Solr on host2 it does the same. But
> then ZK sends a message to host1 informing it "there's another Solr
> out there" and now the Solr on host1 knows the url of Solr on host2
> (and vice versa).
>
> For just getting started, you can just use a single Zookeeper but for
> prod situations you'll want 3 or more.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM, S L <liu01...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone point me to a tutorial or blog to setup SolrCloud on
> > multiple hosts? LucidWorks just have a trivial single host example.
> > I searched around but only found some blogs for older versions (2014 or
> > earlier).
> >
> > thanks.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this communication in error) please notify the sender and
it-supp...@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication. Any
communication is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments
for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage