In practice there shoud not be much of a delay, but if you change the ACL
permission on a top-level folder with 10 million docs beneath,
it will take some time before all those docs are reindexed. But if you instead
give your friend read access to a new “group” which
already have access to the docs, the change is immediate.

I suppose ManifoldCF could start using DocValues for the ACL info and update
those atomically much faster than re-indexing the content of every document.
Anyone know if that would be feasible?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com