Unless the behavior's changed on the way to version 6.3.0, the get handler
used to use whatever field is set to be the uniqueKey. We have successfully
been using get on a 4.9.0 standalone core with no explicit "id" field
defined by passing in the value for the uniqueKey field to the get handler.
We tend to have a bunch of id fields floating around from different
sources, so we avoid keeping any of them named as "id"

iqdocid is just a basic string type
<field name="iqdocid" type="string" multiValued="false" indexed="true"
required="true" stored="true"/>

I'll do some more testing on standalone versions, and see how that goes.