hi, erick.

appreciate the feedback.

1> i'm sending the terms to solr enquoted
2> i'd thought that at one point and reran the indexing. i _had_ had two of
the fields not indexed, but this represented one pass (same analyzer) from
two diff source fields while 2 or 3 of the other 4 fields _were_ seeming as
if they should match. maybe just need to do this for said sanity at this
point lol
3> i'm using dismax, no mm param set

some further context:

i'm querying something like this: ...fq=manufacturer:("VENDOR:VENDOR US")
OR manufacturer_syn:("VENDOR:VENDOR US")...

The indexed value is: "Vendor"

the output of field 1 in the Analysis tab would be:
*index*: vendor_coolmed | coolmed | vendor
*query*: vendor_vendor_coolmed | vendor | vendor

the other field (and a couple other, related ones, actually) have similar
situations where I see a clear match (as well as get the confirmation of it
when switching to the old UI and seeing the highlighting) yet get no
results in my actual query.

a further note. when i get the query debugging enabled I can see this in
the output:
"filter_queries":["manufacturer_syn_both:\"Vendor:Vendor US\"",
"manufacturer_split_syn:(\"Vendor:Vendor US\")"], "parsed_filter_queries":["
MultiPhraseQuery(manufacturer_syn_both:\"(vendor_vendor_us vendor)
vendor\")", "PhraseQuery(manufacturer_split_syn:\"vendor vendor\")"],...

It looks as if the parsed query is wrapped in quotes even after having been
parsed, so while the correct tokens, i.e. "vendor", are present to match
against the indexed value, the fact that the entire parsed derivative of
the initial query is sent to match (if that's indeed what's happening)
won't actually get any hits. Yet if I remove the quotes when sending over
to query then the parsing doesn't get to a point of having any
worthwhile/matching tokens to begin with.

one last thing: i've attempted with just "vendor" being sent over to help
remove complexity and, once more, i see Analysis chain functioning just
fine but the query itself getting 0 hits.

think TermComponents is the best option at this point or something else
given the above filler info?

--
*John Blythe*
Product Manager & Lead Developer