Use the "implicit" router (being renamed "manual". that takes the
value of a particular field (_route_ by default) and sends docs to
that exact shard.

But I also question whether sharding on this schema is a good idea. If
you have an access pattern where most queries are for, say, the last
two days then all the work will be done on only 2 machines and all the
rest will be idle. You should at least consider just using normal
routing that distributes the data across all shards and then use
delete-by-query to delete the data older than 10 days.

Best,
Erick