This _better_ be a problem with your configuration or all my
assumptions are false ;)

What are you autocommit settings? The documents should be forwarded to
each replica from the leader during ingestion. However, they are not
visible on the follower until a hard commit(openSearcher=true) or soft
commit is triggered. Long blog on all this here:

https://lucidworks.com/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

An easy way to check that docs are being sent to the follower is to
tail solr.log and send a doc to the leader. You should see the doc
arrive at the follower. If you do see that then it's your autocommit
settings.

NOTE: Solr promises eventual consistency. Due to the fact that
autocommits will execute at different wall-clock times on the leaders
and followers you can be out of sync by up to your autocommit
interval.

You can force a commit by a URL like
"http://solr:port/solr/collection/update?commit=true"; that will commit
on all replicas in a collection that may also be useful for seeing if
it's an autocommit issue.

Best,
Erick