From: solr-user@lucene.apache.org At: 01/05/18 11:54:08To:
solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Personalized search parameters

Hi, first of all I want to say that i'm a beginner with the whole Lucene/Solr
environment.
I'm trying to create a simple personalized search engine, and to do so i was
thinking about adding a parameter user=xxxx to the uri of the query
requests, that i would need during the scoring phase to rerank the result on
based on the user profile (stored as a normal document).

My question is: how can i create a custom Similarity class that is able to
retrieve a parameter passed during the request phase? I "know" from this
https://medium.com/@wkaichan/custom-query-parser-in-apache-solr-4634504bc5da
<https://medium.com/@wkaichan/custom-query-parser-in-apache-solr-4634504bc5da>
that extending QParsePlugin I can access the request parameters, but how can
i pass them during the whole chain of search operations so that they are
accessible during the scoring phase?

Thank you for your help.