Yeah, definitely check the zookeeper version.
3.4.6 is not a good one I know and you can say the same for all the
versions below it too.
We have used 3.4.9 with no issues.
While Solr 7.x uses 3.4.10

Another dimension could be the use or (dis-use) of p-fields like pint,
plong etc.
If you are using them, try to revert back to tint, tlong etc
And if you are not using them, try to use them (Although doing this means a
change from your older config and less likely to help).

Lastly, did I read 2 GB for JVM heap?
That seems really too less to me for any version of Solr
We run with 10-16 gb of heap with G1GC collector and new-gen capped at 3-4gb