True, I could remove the trigger to rebuild the entire document. But what if a
different field changes and the whole document is triggered for update for a
different field. We have the same problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerick...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 11:17 AM
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: DovValues and in-place udpates

"But it also triggers a slow update that will rebuild the entire document..."

Why do you think this? The whole _point_ of in-place updates is that they don't
have to re-index the whole document.... And the only way to do that effectively
would be if all the fields are stored, which is not a requirement for in-place
updates.

Best,
Erick