On 3/7/2018 12:10 PM, Bsr wrote:
I guess i should increase autowarmCount count. whats should be the ideal no.
Also is there any way by which i can know that autowarm is completed?

There are no generic answers.  You want autowarmCount to be large enough to be effective, but small enough that warming doesn't take a really long time.  There's no way I can tell you how long warming will take with a certain number in autowarmCount.  That will depend on the nature of your queries, what's in your index, and what the hardware is.

When the new searcher opens, that's when you will know that all warming is complete.  The cache stats will show how long it took for for aspecific cache to warm up when that instance of the cache was created.

In another message you askedthis:

Can you eloborate more on newSearcher and cache i.e what should we set.

The newSearcher config defines queries to execute on *every* new searcher.  Which is different than firstSearcher, in that firstSearcher defines queries that will be executed exactly once, when the core first starts up.  If you want to use newSearcher, it probably needs the same queries you currently have in firstSearcher.  If this is a warming issue, adding newSearcher will probably help.

The caches themselves have autowarming, which reads the top N queries from the cache from the old searcher and re-executes those queries on the new index to populate the cache in the new searcher.  This tends to produce better results than newSearcher, because the queries might be different, and will reflect what's actually IN the cache.

You said this as well:  Also there is no resource crunch with the solr resources.

At the risk of being offensive:  How do you know?  I find that many people do not actually know how to detect resource issues with Solr, particularly with memory.  They look at their systems and conclude that everything's fine, even though there is nowhere near enough memory installed in the system for good performance.

Thanks,
Shawn