I have the same experience as Daphne. I’ve used SolR for more “document” /
“content” / “Knowledge” search and Elastic as a Log store or Mongo replacement.
SolR has more ways to return/injest data such as XML, JSON, or even CSV which
is appealing. The binary protocol in SolrJ is also appealing because the
updates / selects are fast.

Ultimately I think SolR is like a 18 wheel tractor trailer and Elastic is like
a uhaul trucks and you can chain a bunch of them up to do what SolR does.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.si...@anant.us

Anant Corporation