On 6/20/2018 3:46 PM, sujatha sankaran wrote:
> Thanks,Shawn.   Very useful information.
>
> Please find below the log details:-

Is your collection using the implicit router?  You didn't say.  If it
is, then I think you may not be able to use deleteById.  This is indeed
a bug, one that has been reported at least once already, but hasn't been
fixed yet.   I do not know why it hasn't been fixed yet.  Maybe the fix
is very difficult, or maybe the reason for the problem is not yet fully
understood.

The log you shared shows an error trying to do an update -- the delete
that failed.  This kind of error is indeed likely to cause SolrCloud to
attempt index recovery, all in accordance with SolrCloud design goals.

Thanks,
Shawn