Thanks,Shawn.

Our use case is something like this in a batch load of  several 1000's of
documents,we do a delete first followed by update.Example delete all 1000
docs and send an update request for 1000.

What we see is that there are many missing docs due to DBQ re-ordering of
the order of  deletes followed by updates.We also saw issue with nodes
going down
similar tot issue described here:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/SolrCloud-Nodes-going-to-recovery-state-during-indexing-td4369396.html

we see at the end of this batch process, many (several thousand ) missing
docs.

Due to this and after reading above thread , we decided to move to DBI and
now are facing issues due to custom routing or implicit routing which we
have in place.So I don't think DBQ was working for us, but we did have
several such process ( DBQ followed by updates) for different activities in
the collection happening at the same time.

Sujatha