Hi everyone,

I'm experimenting with highlighting for the first time, and it seems
shockingly slow for some queries.

For example, this query:

http://server:8080/solr/select/?q=transferase&qt=dismax&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

takes 313ms. But when I add highlighting:

http://server:8080/solr/select/?q=transferase&qt=dismax&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&hl=true&hl.fl=*&fl=id

it takes 305212ms = 5mins!

Some of my documents are slightly large -- the 10 hits for that query
contain between 362 bytes and 1.4 megabytes of text each. All fields are
stored and indexed, and most are termvectored. But this doesn't seem
excessively large!

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour before? This is with a nightly
from 2009-10-26.

All suggestions would be appreciated. My schema and config files are
attached...

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26160217/schema.xml schema.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26160217/solrconfig.xml solrconfig.xml

Thanks (once again),