I've finally found the problem causing the delta-import to fail and thought I
would post it here for future reference (if someone makes the same mistake I
did).

I had forgot to collect the "id" column in the deltaImportQuery. I should,
of course, have known this from the log entires about documents not being
added because they lacked "id" fields.

My broken query: SELECT column_1, column_2, column_3 FROM table WHERE id =
${dataimporter.delta.id}
My working query: SELECT id, column_1, column_2, column_3 FROM table WHERE
id = ${dataimporter.delta.id}

Thanks all for you help!