2010 at 1:32 PM, Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl> wrote:
> Interesting! I haven't met the appends method before and i'll be sure to give
> it a try tomorrow. Try, the wiki [1] is not very clear on what it really does.

Here's a comment from the example solrconfig.xml:

    <!-- In addition to defaults, "appends" params can be specified
         to identify values which should be appended to the list of
         multi-val params from the query (or the existing "defaults").

         In this example, the param "fq=instock:true" will be appended to
         any query time fq params the user may specify, as a mechanism for
         partitioning the index, independent of any user selected filtering
         that may also be desired (perhaps as a result of faceted searching).

         NOTE: there is *absolutely* nothing a client can do to prevent these
         "appends" values from being used, so don't use this mechanism
         unless you are sure you always want it.
      -->

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8