Sounds great! I'll be very sure to put it to the test tomorrow and perhaps add
documentation on these types to the solrconfigxml wiki page for reference.

-----Original message-----
From: Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Sent: Wed 08-09-2010 19:38
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org;
Subject: Re: Re: Invariants on a specific fq value

2010 at 1:32 PM, Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl> wrote:
> Interesting! I haven't met the appends method before and i'll be sure to give
> it a try tomorrow. Try, the wiki [1] is not very clear on what it really does.

Here's a comment from the example solrconfig.xml:

   <!-- In addition to defaults, "appends" params can be specified
        to identify values which should be appended to the list of
        multi-val params from the query (or the existing "defaults").

        In this example, the param "fq=instock:true" will be appended to
        any query time fq params the user may specify, as a mechanism for
        partitioning the index, independent of any user selected filtering
        that may also be desired (perhaps as a result of faceted searching).

        NOTE: there is *absolutely* nothing a client can do to prevent these
        "appends" values from being used, so don't use this mechanism
        unless you are sure you always want it.
     -->

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8