Hi Koji

Thanks. I have checked out the code and began looking at it. The code
examples gave me an idea of what to do,though I am not fully clear, since
there are no comments there, to verify my understanding. Hence, mailing
again for clarification.

In NamedEntity.java, you add two fields "name", "entity", to the index, via
this processing pipeline "next"?
the methods setName() and setEntity() - add two fields "name", "entity", to
the index?

If so, how should I specify this in the solrconfig.xml's <fieldMappings>
section?

<lst name="type">
            <str name="name">next.NamedEntity</str>
            <lst name="mapping">
              <str name="feature">name</str>
              <str name="field">namefield</str> (where namefield is
the field I declared in schema.xml, say)
            </lst>
          </lst>
          <lst name="type">
            <str name="name">next.NamedEntity</str>
            <lst name="mapping">
              <str name="feature">entity</str>
              <str name="field">entityfield</str> (where entityfield
is the field I declared in schema.xml, say)
            </lst>
          </lst>

- Is this the right way to go? Can I declare 2 mappings which relate to the
same class (next.NamedEntity, in this case)?

I am sorry for repeated mails...but its a bit confusing, because there is no
README file.
Thankyou once again!

Sowmya.

--