> geospatial requirements

Looking at your email address, no surprise there.  8^)

> What insight can you share (if any) regarding moving forward to a later
> nightly build?

I used build 1271 (Solr 1.4.1, which seemed to be called Solr 4 at the time)
during some testing, and it performed well -- but we were not doing geospatial
indexing with Solr.  Or are you referring to the successor to Solr 3.3 at some
future point in time (which I supposed might also be called Solr 4 in the
future -- won't that be confusing!)