From: Tomás Fernández Löbbe [mailto:tomasflo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:12 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 'Stable' 4.0 version

As far as I know, Solr's trunk is pretty stable, so you shoundl't have many
problems with it if you test it correctly. Lucid's search platform is built
upon the trunk (
http://www.lucidimagination.com/products/lucidworks-search-platform/enterprise
).
The one thing I would be concerned is with the index format. It might change in
an incompatible way from one revision to the next one, so if rebuilding your
index is complicated or takes too long this can be a problem.

If your version election is based on the geospatial stuff, why don't you use
Solr 3.3 release? It already contains those features.

Tomás