Hi Harley,

See: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrAdaptersForLuceneSpatial4
In SOLR-2155 you had to explicitly specify the prefix encoding length,
whereas in Solr 4 you specify how much precision you need and it figures out
what the length is that satisfies that. When you first use the field, it'll
log what the derived levels figure is (if you care).  The units are decimal
degrees (0-180 from no distance to reverse side of the globe -- aka
latitudinal degrees).

You can name the field type whatever you want, but I don't recommend
"geohash" because this conflates it with an actual GeoHashField, and also
it's more of an internal detail.

You said you're having trouble with the migration... but what is the
trouble?

~ David

Harley wrote

-----