From: David Smiley (@MITRE.org) [mailto:dsmi...@mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 6:56 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Migrate Solr 3.4 w/ solr-1255 GeoHash to Solr 4

You're supposed to add geo point data in "latitude, longitude" format,
although some other variations work.  Is your updating process supplying
a geohash instead?  If so you could write a simple Solr
UpdateRequestProcessor to convert it to the expected format.  But that
doesn't help the fact that apparently you're index already has a geohash
for the stored field value.
Are all your fields either stored fields or aren't but are copied from a
stored field?  It would then be an option to dump all data via CSV (take
care for multi-value fields) then load it into an empty instance.

You could "optimize" your index, which upgrades as a side-effect.
FYI there's a Lucene "IndexUpgrader" you can use at the command line:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexUp
grader.html
But again, if your stored field values are geohashes when you want a
lat,lon then this isn't going to fix that.

~ David

Harley wrote
> David Smiley:
> Because we use a 3rd party software.. I checked to see if this would
> still worked... search query still works. But adding data seems to be
> broken, likely because of the geohash type.
>
> So, below is the log file,  which tells me to upgrade
>
> If possible, it would be great to simply get the old 3.4 index
working.
> What should my workflow be to get this working as is, then to upgrade?
>
> I'm expecting to delete the data folder, then rebuild the index via
> 3rd party software adding data to Solr 4... is it' possible to reindex

> the existing data folder?

-----
 Author:
http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book